What can I learn that will improve what I offer my clients? That’s the main question I hold while attending a conference like the recent I4PL 2017. I discover new approaches and novel ideas by attending sessions, and engaging with others.
While the sessions are generally good, a few gems shine brighter than the rest. Here are five that stood out for me at this year’s conference:
- Bianca Baumann’s presentation—Grand Theft Marketing—focused on applying marketing ideas in an instructional design or learning & development company.
- Lesley Nevills of Wavelength Communication delivered Marketing Training to the C-Suite, providing valuable reminders about how to make these presentations more effective.
- Adam Ross, Manager of Learning Solutions at Canadian Tire Corporation, delivered a very informative and encouraging session on low-cost approaches to in-house video production.
- Chris Van Wingerden, domiKnow Learning Systems, presented an overview of the e-learning standard that goes beyond SCORM: xAPI, also known as “Experience API”.
- Richard Goring, BrightCarbon, delivered an amazingly entertaining presentation on PowerPoint Tools and Tricks.
Kudos to these speakers for their memorable presentations!
Did you attend the conference? Please share your thoughts…