How We Do It
One of the reasons for our long-term record of exceptional client service is that we know your needs and wants are unique. Through close collaboration, we strive to deeply understand your goals, learners and environment before designing, developing and implementing your customized program.
We take pride in creating leadership development programs that are custom-fit to each organization’s needs. We don’t just mouth the words; we really do follow this proven 5-step process:
The 4Forward perspective
Friendly, attentive and responsive
Flexible, creative and affordable
The partner-plus approach
Benefits of Engaging 4Forward
By engaging us as a partner in your leadership and management development your learners benefit, as does your entire organization.
Benefits to Your Learners
- Better retention through relevant, custom-fit content
- More time to focus on highest-priority work tasks
- Reduced time required for formal learning
- Improved engagement and commitment
- Happier outlook on work, and life
- Improved performance across-the-board
Benefits to Your Organization
- Reduced costs through programs focused on your highest-priority needs
- Reduced leadership and management turnover
- A boost in resilience and adaptability
- Improved leadership and management collaboration
- Improved innovation, and responsiveness to challenges
4Forward has completed several projects for the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council (CTHRC), including instructor guides, self-directed workbooks, website “web quests,” orientation kits for employment counselors, and a guidebook called the Canadian Academy for Travel & Tourism (CATT) Succession Guide for career program staff at secondary schools. These projects have included learning blueprints, content capture (review and organization of printed and online materials, SME interviews, and focus groups), development of instructional and assessment strategies, and creative content development. The work produced in these projects is now being used by thousands of students in industry and at colleges in all regions of Canada."
— Jason Gourley, Former Program Manager
Canadian Tourism HR Council
Let's have a conversation.