eLearning Development Process
First, it’s essential we fully understand your needs. We will schedule a consultation call with you to get the specifications and answer all the questions you may have regarding your eLearning project.
Next, we will provide you with a proposal outlining a detailed statement of work, project timeline, overview of our approach, project responsibilities, deliverables, and a budget.
Once we get your go-ahead, you’re just 6 steps away from getting your eLearning content online!
1. Instructional Design
We will work with you and your team collaboratively to design intuitive, easy-to-use eLearning modules. We will pull together all necessary content and build the learning plan, in storyboard format, tuned and tailored to your needs. We will organize and if necessary rewrite the content so that it fits an eLearning format, and suggest interactive exercises. We will consult with you and design for your assessment requirements, whether self-assessment, rigorous examination, or somewhere in between. We will send all of this—storyboard, content, and assessments—to you for feedback and validation.
2. Wireframing & Visuals
We will create and validate with you an eLearning design template showing how content and visual elements will be presented.We will create and validate with you an eLearning design template showing how content and visual elements will be presented. We will plan for a combination of animation, technical drawings, infographics and photography to bring your content to life!
We will build your eLearning modules using cutting edge technologies like Storyline 360, Adobe Captivate and HTML5 to deliver an immersive, interactive eLearning experience.
4. Testing & Quality Assurance
Each module will undergo a rigorous quality assurance process before being delivered to you. The process includes three distinct factors:
- Content – module content is reviewed by the quality assurance team, including the instructional designers and at least one other editor.
- Accessibility – the eLearning modules will be tested to ensure compliancy against WCAG 2.0 Level A/AA. This will ensure the output adheres to applicable legislation, like Ontario’s Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Functionality – all functional aspects of the modules are reviewed by the quality assurance team. The Project Manager then reviews the modules in their entirety. This is the final review before the modules are released to you.
5. Your Review
This is your review step. Your focus should be on the content and functionality of the modules to ensure that they are in line with your expectations as discussed and agreed.
- Alpha Deliverable – Includes the validation steps for the wireframe, storyboard, and module content discussed above in Steps 1 and 2.
- Beta Deliverable – once functionality testing is complete in Step 4 we will provide you with the Beta version for review, containing media assets (images, audio, video) and all changes that were identified and agreed upon in the Alpha review. In this review, you will confirm that corrections from the Alpha review are done, and identify any further required changes.
- Gold Deliverable – This is the final version of the modules. The revisions identified and agreed upon in the Beta review will be complete.
We will work with you to deploy your eLearning modules in an LMS, or through your website. We can also help you select an LMS, if you do not already have one.
Ready to get started? Contact us now with your project information and we’ll be in touch within 2 business days.
I found all of the 4Forward staff I dealt with to be professional, prompt and clear in their communications; they were always ready to respond to my inquiries, and were able to take in stride last minute modifications."
— Christopher Sloan, Former Integration Officer
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Let's have a conversation.