Your perspective will help determine your fit at 4Forward. If you’re agile, willing to learn new things, and comfortable with a lot of variety at work – you’ll fit in just fine. If you’re also an expert in leadership development, instructional design, or coaching we’d like to talk to you.
Browse our current openings below.
- Are you searching for meaningful part-time work where you can help others become happier and more productive at work?
- Are you results-oriented, focused on achieving the best possible performance for yourself and your company?
- Do you enjoy the process of putting together—and closing—a major deal?
- Are you looking for flexible hours, and the opportunity to work from home some or all of the time?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to talk to you.
4Forward is an unusual company—a ‘re-start-up’ that has been around for several years, with great references and testimonials. We are in the business of designing and delivering learning materials, committed to quality learning and excellent client service. We provide workbooks, instructor guides, videos, and e-Learning modules that support adult learners in Canada, the USA, and around the world.
We are a “caring company” that seeks opportunities not just to make money but also to make a positive difference in the lives of our clients. In recent years we have worked on projects in the healthcare, tourism, immigrant services, municipal government, and non-profit sectors, focused primarily on leadership, management, communication, and client service.
You will be joining a relaxed yet highly-focused small team located in southeast Ottawa, with 4 supportive and enthusiastic full- and part-time employees and another dozen contract consultants and partners.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative, organized, and achievement-oriented sales professional to take on this business development opportunity.
With support from the team, and working closely with the founder, you will:
- Seek new clients via phone, email, and other methods
- Respond to client inquiries and provide quotations
- Negotiate and close contracts
- Develop and deliver presentations
- Participate in building partnerships with other vendors
- University degree, college diploma, or equivalent work experience in Commerce, Business Administration, Marketing, or related discipline
- Five or more years full-time work experience, with two or more years successful Business-to-Business (B2B) or Business-to-Government (B2G) sales experience
- Direct experience working with—or in—corporate human resources or training and development
- Ability to communicate effectively by phone, email, face-to-face, and in front of groups
- Client-focused active listening skills
- Ability to focus on achieving results despite challenges or obstacles
- Ability to take initiative and organize work activities without specific direction
- Strong computer skills, in particular with web-based email, calendar and Client Relationship Management (CRM) software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Highly motivated
- High ethical standards
- Enthusiasm for adult learning
- Part-time, 2-3 days per week (negotiable)
- Negotiable based on experience and demonstrated ability
- Income will be determined by a combination of base salary plus commission
How to Apply
- Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!
- Are you a lifelong learner, a curious questioner?
- Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge and learning ‘discoveries’?
- Do you have a knack for taking lots of information and turning it into a teachable story?
- Are you able to balance your creativity with logic and structure?
- Do you enjoy telling a story with visuals—graphs, charts, maps, pictures or video?
- Are you adept in the realm of words?
- Are you known for your clear concise communication?
- Can you easily see things from another’s perspective?
- Do you have a passion for creating—or delivering—compelling content?
- Do you have an ‘eye’ for good layout, and an ‘eye’ for detail?
- Are you a ‘self-starter’, yet work well as part of a vibrant team?
If you answered “yes” to most or all of these questions, then we may have an opportunity for you.
We are expanding and interested in discussion with potential Instructional Designers, Coaches, Consultants, Facilitators and others engaged in leadership or management development.
We are open to a range of arrangements:
- occasional, part-time, or full-time;
- hourly- or project-based; and
- independent contractor—or employee.
What it’s like to work with us:
We have a dynamic, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment with a ‘start-up’ feel, where priorities and the nature and volume of work often shift rapidly.
Our projects come in many shapes and sizes:
- some are complex, multi-layered learning programs where we’ll be working with a client over several years;
- some are small, simple and out the door in less than a week;
- most fall somewhere in between.
While each team member has core responsibilities, everybody at 4Forward does a little bit of everything. Each of us needs to remain agile, flexible and eager to contribute. We work hard to make sure our clients receive high quality products on-time and on-budget. We share responsibility for our successes—and our setbacks.
This is a place where creativity, efficiency, initiative and independence are important. You’ll often be working independently, but you’ll never be alone. As part of our delivery team, your contributions will be essential. If you have any ideas on how to improve any aspect of our business, we’ll want you to share them – your opinions will be valued.
How to contact us:
Please send your resume, along with a cover email explaining why you think you and 4Forward might be a good fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in 4Forward!
I’m very happy to say that 4Forward delivered beyond our expectations at all points of the project. They engaged in a thorough research process for the content of the product and ensured that the information provided in the workbook was on message, relevant and accurate. "
— Christopher Sloan, Former Integration Officer
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Let's have a conversation.