(Part-time / Contract / Co-op)
4Forward is a national, virtual, instructional design (ID) firm specializing in the development of the leaders of today and tomorrow. By providing exceptional learning experiences for leaders and emerging leaders, we create profound and sustained ripple effects that make positive differences in the lives of learners, the people they lead, and the clients they serve.
“4Forward” is an expression of our unique approach to learning and development—taking four steps forward in understanding the learner, the learner’s environment, the organization, and the organization’s stakeholders.
We are creating an eLearning portal covering a wide range of leadership, management and personal development topics. We are looking for part-time contract and/or co-op Instructional Designers who are able and willing to work virtually to help us with this project. Note these positions may evolve to full-time.
We are looking for instructional designers with a robust understanding of instructional design principles—even if you are just starting your ID career. Mentorship and coaching will be available to the successful candidate.
Do some of the following characteristics describe you?
- A curious lifelong learner
- Balances creativity with logic and structure
- A self-starter who thrives in a team environment
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and learning ‘discoveries’
- An ability to see things from the learners’ perspective
- Passionate about writing clear, concise, compelling content
- Can take large volumes of information and turn it into a teachable story
- Enjoys creating visual content – graphs, charts, maps, pictures and video
- Honest, compassionate, clear-thinking and service-oriented
- An eye for good layout / graphic design
- Manages time effectively
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Working collaboratively, and under the supervision of our Lead Instructional Designer, you will—
- Write and edit structured curriculum content for eLearning
- Design interactive exercises that support learning
- Create quizzes that test learners’ understanding
Beyond the general characteristics described above, you’ll need some specific skills and knowledge:
- Determining and defining learning objectives
- Writing content that aligns directly with learning objectives
- Developing assessments that creatively tests learner understanding
- A working knowledge of adult learning principles and “best practices”
- Above-average computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Good organizational, project and time management skills
If you have skills or knowledge in these areas, that’s a bonus!
- Familiarity with leadership, management, and personal development
- Familiarity with eLearning authoring software like Articulate Storyline and Rise
- Two or more years’ experience working as an Instructional Designer and/or participation in a degree, diploma or certificate program in Instructional Design
Details will be discussed with qualified candidates.
Thank you for your interest in 4Forward!
How to apply
Please email your application to email@example.com by Monday, July 11, 2022. Please specify “Instructional Designer Application” in the subject line of your email.
Be sure to include:
- An up-to-date resume
- A cover letter that tells us why we should consider you for this role
- Samples of work you have completed in recent years—links, or attachments. This may include projects completed within your Instructional Design training if you are a recent graduate.
Our forward-thinking clients
Check out our portfolio to see the custom training, eLearning, and virtual leadership and management training we’ve developed for clients.